Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Right now it's funny to think that about 30 years ago, I went on the famous "Cover Trip" to Washington, DC. Kristen went five years ago; Nick is on his way now. Mom asked me yesterday what I remembered from the trip, and although my memory has faded, I still remember the tours, monuments, and museums. I remember having homework at night and being scared to death about a debate we had with other touring students. Most of all, I remember that I wanted to be a politician "when I grew up."

Before anyone laughs about that, just remember what politicians are voted into office to do--to change the world.

It reminds me of the movie Evan Almighty. Evan Baxter wanted to change the world, too. He did...once he listened to God.

I wonder how I will change my little corner of the world tomorrow?

k.

2 comments:

Harold W. Williams said...

Wow! Excellent!

Vicwyn said...

One child, one day at a time....keep up the good work!