Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The power of God truly amazes me.

Mom had a stroke almost two weeks ago. Throughout the entire time she was in the hospital, God provided tremendous peace. However, after Mom had been there for about 4 days, I had my breakdown in private. I don't know why, but I was very much concerned about the future, even though her improvement was fantastic.

When we went to church that Sunday, the last song of the service was "Because He Lives," one of my old-time favs. As we sang the last verse, tears streamed and I could feel my face become flaming hot. I could NOT sing.  I could NOT look at Wayne, nor could I look at the kids. I could NOT breathe, actually...

God said, "Karen, it will be okay if your mom is with Me, and it will be okay if she's with you because Jesus lives and is your Savior."

That's it. God knew that right then I didn't need a lecture or a theological dissertation, but he SURE DID know that I needed a reminder--a loving one--that no matter what happens in my life, He is holding the future.


1 comment:

Vicwyn said...

That song can always choke me up too, no matter what's been happening in my life. I find, as you do too I'm guessing, that God speaks more in music. Guess I pay better attention that way?
So glad your mother is doing better. Praise HIM for being in control. :)