Saturday, May 15, 2010

It's no big secret that music very much ministers to my soul. We joke at Worship Team that we have a Top 10 list (but we probably have 50 songs on that list!)... but the #1 song rotates depending on what is ministering to me on a given day or at a given time in my life.

A couple of weeks ago, Melody gave us the music for "Hail to the King," which is not one I had heard before. It's by Don Moen, so I knew it would be great--love all his music. However, this one has spoken deeply to my soul in the past two weeks. I can't even really tell you why; it just has.

I walked into Wednesday's WT practice in a bit of a sour mood--that's May for teachers--but when we hit that song, my mood changed. I thanked Melody for picking it and I have found myself humming or singing it ALL THE TIME.

Last night, I could tell my blood pressure was high. I almost felt that I was going to be sick to my stomach, I got light-headed, and I developed a bad headache. I took my meds and pulled up "Hail to the King" on You Tube and watched/listened three times in a row and was able to relax and fall asleep. Thanks, Lord.

No comments: