Tuesday, July 05, 2011

I've had a very busy three weeks since school let out. Kristen's graduation, her open house, a graduate class, a wedding, a church dinner...and now, let it be proclaimed on July 5th of 2011, my summer can begin.

The problem with that is that growing up in a family (extended) of many teachers, we tended to view July 4th as the halfway point--that it was time to start thinking about school, lesson plans, changes to be made, and so on. Of course, we got out of school the week before Memorial Day back then and now I'm lucky if I'm out before the second week of June...

Sooooo, I've had to adjust my thinking. We're going on a short vacation in two weeks. I'm going to do family and house things until then and worry about school on July 25th. Often, I do not adjust very well to ... adjustments. I like things the way they are and don't always see the benefit(s) of change. However, someone has been working on me about that...

k.

No comments: