Monday, July 11, 2011

When I was taking a shower, I accidentally bumped Kristen's razor off the ledge and onto the bottom of the tub. I bent over, picked up the razor, and returned it to its spot.

Then I realized: I hadn't moved like that, pain free, in almost three weeks.

Pain has an amazing ability to get our attention. Suddenly we're willing to do what the doctor tells us, we're willing to listen, we're praying for the pain to subside.

But what happens when the pain subsides or disappears?

It's easy to go back to life as usual, isn't it?

Today, though, I tried to appreciate all the things I could do that I couldn't before...bending to pick something up, getting in and out of chairs with ease, sitting on the porch swing, bending over the sink to work with fresh produce. It was good to think about the positives.

No comments: