Wednesday, July 06, 2011

My pastor asked me if I had seen any of the episodes of "Extreme Chef" on Food Network. I had to admit that I had.

I have to wonder who's crazier...the chefs for agreeing to cook under the crazy conditions that the producers create...or me for actually watching it.

So many people are looking for the next show, artist, or fad that pushes all the envelopes. Something to turn people's heads. Something that others haven't seen before.

But all they have to do is look at the life of Jesus and to emulate him. Loving people unconditionally? Offering hope and life to others when the world would push us to the edge of our limits physically, mentally, emotionally, and financially? Jesus pushed the envelope and turned people's heads. If people were to strive to be more like him, that would be pretty extreme!

No comments: