Monday, July 11, 2011

Kristen got a few more things for college today--all of the products-that-you-need-that-you-don't-think-about-until-you-realize-you're-going-to-be-gone-a-long-time kind of products. You know, first aid supplies, detergent, spot remover, sunscreen, and such.

She also has purchased a purple leather (that is SO Kristen) NIV Bible to carry in her backpack.

When I went to college, I thought it was an opportunity to take a break from God and all the things my family made me do in church. I could finally sleep in on Sundays. Ironically, God had other plans allllll the way back then. I was blessed with a roommate who didn't just talk the talk, but walked the walk. Our first day, she asked if I wanted to go church exploring with her, and that led to a friendship we've had for nearly 30 years...and it kept me focused on God in college.

Kristen already is more connected to campus ministry than I ever was--I'm so happy for all the opportunities that the University of Indianapolis can offer her!

No comments: