Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My mom has always said that she can tell when I'm under stress because that's when I cook/bake a lot and try new recipes.

Today we're having pan-seared pork chops that will finish in a crockpot with a tasty sauce, sweet corn, watermelon, green bean casserole, and peach cobbler. I made a list of what I want to make tomorrow: Honeybun cake, sour cream coffee cake, and homemade pizza. :)

Stress may be part of the cooking factor, but for today, most of it is that this a day I don't mind standing over a hot stove. The day has been absolutely beautiful--76, low humidity--perfect. Delicious.

When we sit down for this yummy meal, as the flavor counterpoint melts on our palates, I'll be reminded of the counterpoint of emotions, situations, careers, and friends that have moved this week through the maze I call my mind.

3 comments:

SusanU said...

Is this your way of saying we came home too early? :)

My diet has resumed now that I am back home. Epicurian Family Delights are now fond memories once again...

k. said...

It's my way of subtly discussing the underlying stress I feel. :)

SusanU said...

I caught on to that VERY quickly :) I just had to let you know that I was salivating over your meal while sitting here hungry with my plain ole bagel.